Beyond the Basics: Longitudinal Joints
Todd Mansell, Product Application Specialist, Caterpillar Inc.
Non-Member: $29.00Your price
A longitudinal joint is the interface between two asphalt mats. Properly constructed longitudinal joints protect pavements from moisture infiltration and increase the service life of the pavement.
The participants of this webinar will:
1. Determine the impacts of joint construction on pavement life
2. Learn some best practices for constructing and compacting longitudinal joints
3. Learn some best practices for compacting longitudinal joints
4. Understand how to properly set up automatic grade control for joint matching
5. See the different uses for specialty joints